How To Efile ITR-1 Online AY 2018-19 FY 2017-18
Hello taxpayers! It’s time to know how to file income tax return ITR-1 online ay 2018-19 and if you want to E-File ITR-1 online,then this step by step article will explain you how easily you can efile your tax return for fy 2017-18 ay 2018-19.
Before filing your return,you must have following documents and information:
- Form 16.
- Basic pay break up excluding all exempted and non-exempted allowances.
- Rent receipts if income from one house property is considered.
- Muncipal tax paid if any.
- All saving bank accounts numbers.
- UID no.
- Current residential Address.
Who are elligible to efile ITR-1 sahaj
It is very important to note here that you have to carefully select ITR form to E-File ITR-1 return.
To use ITR-1 form for assessment year 2018-19,Following conditions must be fulfilled :
- Income from salary or pension;or
- Taxpayer must be individual and resident indian.
- Income from one house property excluding cases where there is cases of brought forward loss from previous financial years or loss to be carried forward from current year.
- Income from Other Sources (excluding winning from lottery and income from Race Horses, Income taxable under section 115BBDA.
- If income from agriculture less than 5000.
Who can not use ITR-1 SahajAs specified by IT department
- If total income for the assessment year 2018-19 exceeds Rs.50 lakh.
- Income from more than one house property and where there is brought forward loss or loss to be carried forward from previous years.
- And Income from winning lotteries.
- Also Income from Race horses.
- Income taxable under section 115BBDA.
- Income of the nature referred to in section 115BBE.
- Similarly Income under head “capital Gains”.Short term capital gains or long term capital gains.
- If agriculture income is more than rs 5000.
- If Income from business.
- Income from profession.
- If loss from income from the head “other sources”.
- Person claiming relief under section 90 and/or 91.
- Any resident having any asset (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India.
- Any resident having income from any source outside India.
Steps for filing ITR-1 online
Log in to official income tax website here.After loging select your fom ITR-1 and assessment year 2018-19 and select the option to verify return using Aadhar otp or other options,then click ok.
Now you will find the online form structure.
Part- A – General Information :as specified by “Income tax department”.
- Fill your Permanent Account Number. Make sure that you fill your PAN Carefully.
- Fill your 12 digit Aadhaar Number. In case, Aadhaar Number is not allotted but has been applied for, please put 28 digits Aadhaar Enrolment Id. Filling of this field is mandatory with effect from 01.07.2017.
- Fill in your own Mobile number in the first 10 digits. Fill in your Email Address This is important for faster communication from/ with the Department.
- Fill in the Communication Address carefully.
- Fill in your own Mobile number in the first 10 digits.
- Fill in your Email Address. This is important for faster communication from/ with the Department.
Type of return sections:
Choose from drop down menu
- On or before the due date under section 139(1).
- After the due date under section 139(4)
- Revised return under section 139(5)
- Under section 119(2)(b) on an application to be made separately before the Income-tax authority. (The return shall be treated as valid only after the application/ claim/relief under section 119(2)(b) has been admitted by the Income-tax Authority) In response to notice under section 139(9).
- In response to notice under section 142(1).
- In response to notice under section 148.
- In response to notice under section 153A/ 153C.
In case of a revised /defective return
please provide the receipt number of Original return and Date of filing of Original Return. otherwise the return will not be accepted by Income-tax Department.
If the return is being filed in response to notice by the Income-tax Department under section 139(9)/142(1)/148/153A/153C, please provide the date of such notice.
Part-B – Gross Total Income B1,B2,B3,B4
From financial 2017-18,it is mandatory to put your Basic Pay(pay band+grade pay) separately.
Then calculate your all non-exempted (Taxable)alowances.
Perquisites,and profits in lieu of salary and put these figures in below manners:
Fill the details of salary/ pension, allowances not exempt, perquisites and profit in lieu of salary, deductions under section 16 etc. as given in TDS certificate (Form 16) issued by the employer.
Further, in case there was more than one employer during the year, please furnish in this item the details in respect of aggregate amount under different heads from various employers.
Fill the details of gross rent receipts, municipal taxes paid and interest paid on borrowed capital.
If the income chargeable under House Property is a loss figure,
mark the negative sign with in the brackets at left (-15000 an example).
Also tick the box as whether the house property is ‘Self Occupied’ or ‘Let Out’.
Where “income from house property” is a loss and assessee has income under any other head of income,like salary,other sources.
The assessee shall not be entitled to set off such loss, to the extent the amount of the loss exceeds two lakh rupees against income under the other head.
In other words if loss from house property is rs 300000,then you can only set-off rs 200000.
Enter only if you have Income from other sources.
If loss, please use ITR 2.
Add Items B1, B2, B3. If loss, mark the negative sign with in the brackets at left
However, this loss cannot be carried forward to next year using this form.
Use ITR-2 to claim carry forward of losses.
Part-C – Deductions and taxable total income
- Amount paid or deposited towards life insurance.
- Contribution to Provident Fund set up by the Government, recognised Provident Fund.
- Contribution by the assessee to an approved superannuation fund.
- Subscription to National Savings Certificates(NSC).
- Tuition fees.
- payment/ repayment OF principal amount for purposes of purchase or construction of a residential house.
- (As provided in section 80CCE, aggregate amount of deduction under section 80C, 80CCC and sub-section (1) of 80CCD shall not exceed one lakh and fifty thousand rupees.
- 80D Deduction in respect of amount paid towards Health Insurance Premium, contributions to CGHS, medical expenditure incurred on self or family members or any parent.
This information can be put in online return in separate page dedicated to 80G section.
For in-depth knowledge about section 80G,refer to this article:
Deduction in respect of interest on deposits in savings account in any bank– Maximum deduction ₹10,000/
Suppose you have earned interest of rs 10,000 from amount 100000.
Then put Rs 100000 in income from other sources and put rs upto 10,000 in section 80TTA While filing online return for AY 2018-19.
Part-D – Computation of tax payable
Calculate as per tax computation table given above on Taxable Total Income at (C2)
Income tax rebate under section 87A, whose total income does not exceed ₹3,50,000/-, of an amount equal to such income-tax or an amount of ₹2,500/-, whichever is less.
Tax payable after rebate (D1-D2)
Calculate the education cess including secondary and higher education cess at the rate of 3% of D3.
D5= D3 + D4
Claim the relief, if any, allowable under section 89 in respect of arrears or advances of salary received during the year.
Calculate 234A interest according to the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961.
Calculate 234B interest according to the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961.
Calculate 234C interest according to the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961.
Fee chargeable for default in furnishing return of income under section 234F.
The fee structure is as follows:
- Late fees shall be Rs. 5000, in case return of income is filed after the specified due date but on or before 31/12/2018 .
- In case return of income is filed after 31/12/2018,late fee is applicable rs 10,000.
Important Note: If the total income of the assesse is less than Rs. 5,00,000/- then fee u/s 234F shall not exceed Rs. 1000.
Further,system will calculate these figures automatically.
It is better to click on “save draft” button while filling up particulars in online e-filing of ITR.
Similarly system will fill up D11,D12,D13 and D14.
If your tax is payable then pay it online and put the challan details in the proper column.
In case if there is any refund then, same you will get in your saving account.
If there is no tax then it means your return is valid and proceed further.
Exempt Income Details
Please enter details of all exempt income, e.g., HRA u/s 10(13)A,Dividend Income, Agricultural income etc. Use ITR-2, if agricultural income exceeds ₹5,000.
Part- E –
Please provide the details of all the savings and current accounts held by you at any time during the previous fy 2017-18.
However, it is not compulsory to provide details of dormant accounts which are not operational for more than 3 years.
Please provide the account number with IFSC code in which you would like to get your refund.
Make sure to fill your correct account number.
Save And Submit:
After filling up all details,click save and submit.
That’s all and your ITR-1 is efiled.
Now it’s time to verify your return online.
There are more than 4 ways to verify your income tax return
- By generating Aadhar OTP
- Bank account.
- Generating EVC.
- Using ATM.
I think i have explained the whole process of how to efile ITR-1for ay 2018-19.
This year you have to provide basic pay separately.
Other steps are almost same.
Finally,in order to file income tax return online ay 2018-19,you should follow the whole article.
If you like this post please share on social media.thanks.
is a professional blogger,teacher and income tax expert